Pages

Sunday 21 August 2016

Grandma's house / Narritive

                       
Mom drops me off at my grandma’s house because she thinks I need to spend more quality time with her. I gaze at grandma’s white and brown cottage. I notice paint peeling off the walls and windows. I could easily chip some of them off.
Ding dong. The door creaks opens with an irritating  sound.
“Hi grandma” I say with excitement.
“Hello darling it’s good to see you back again” grandma says. I see that grandma has gotten more frail since I last saw her. She uses a cane to walk.
“Poor grandma” I say to myself.
She says her eyesight is getting quite bad so she wears glasses now.She finally tells me that she has been living there ever since she was 16 and now she is 68.



The smell of freshly baked cookies tickles my nose. My mouth starts to salivate. Grandma is half way to the kitchen  and asks me in her kind,loving voice, “Are you hungry dear ? because I have just made some cookies from scratch”.
I was about to reply with YES! please that sounds delicious when BANG!. I also hear her cat Toby yell MEOW!. I run to see what all the ruckus was about when I see grandma on the floor near Toby’s tail. I stand frozen while staring at grandma. Toby purrs while rubbing his soft fur on grandma. I hold grandma’s hand and softly whisper, “It will be okay I’m here for you”. I can’t stand looking  at grandma in pain so I sprint to her old phone and dial 111. The ambulance soon arrives and sadly takes pook grandma away. My mom and I start to  flood with tears. While grandma is gone we treat Toby with pride and joy because he reminds us of grandma.


After a couple of days grandma is back home again ready to spread her love and joy to the world . She is a lot more careful and  looks out for things. Like Toby, other family members and I feel blessed that grandma is okay so we celebrate. We tried to buy grandma a new home but she says that the old cottage reminds her of her husband and father who had sadly past away.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.