Pages

Wednesday 27 May 2020

Ta'ovala Maths Challenge

L.I: To find the most efficient strategy to solve the problem.



In this Maths Challenge we got into partners again to find out how metres of material would it take to make 26 ta'ovala if you need 1.5 metres for one? A ta'ovala is a traditional Tongan dress worn by men and women. The important information from the text is that 8 ta'ovala takes 12 metres. Our answer was 39, and me and Florence solved this by using algorithm. The rule we came up with was to multiply 1.5 by the amount of ta'ovala. Florence and I really enjoyed trying to solve this question.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings Victoria,

    Wow! I really enjoyed reading your strategizing. I have done something simillar to this with my partner. I like how you explained your strategy clearly.
    The strategy that I have used was:
    ½ of 12 = 6
    ½ 6 = 3
    ½ of 3 = 1.5
    1.5 x 26 = 39
    Probaly next time, try to include the main information in your DLO, so that we know what you used to solve this question, and also include your Learning Intention.

    How did you get to 1.5 in your strategy.

    Keep up the good work!

    - Heveanly & Sulia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malo lele Victoria.

    I really enjoyed your strategy. It makes so much sence with the information on your DLO.Your DLO is very interesting with the information and images you put on.I really enjoyed your strategy. Maybe make you writing a darker colour because people can't really see it.

    Keep up the amazing work !
    ~Afa

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.