Pages

Thursday 17 May 2018

Measurements & Conversions


L.I: To make estimates of lengths and areas.
L.I: To measure using a variety of techniques to check their estimates.
This week for math we had to measure 4 objects from in the class or outside. First we learnt how we convert which some of us has learnt before. We learnt 10 millimeters equals 1 cm, 100 cm equals 1 meter, and 1000 meters equals kilometers. Information like this helps us figure out how to convert. We had to make a copy of a DLO where we had to do the work on. We had to estimate the measurement, write the actual measurement, the conversion and sometimes another conversion, and a image of the thing I was measuring. The 4 items I decided to do was a book, pen, the blue bench, and the netball court outside. I also measured the court with a few people from my math group. Sometimes the measurements were a little hard because the measurements changes sometimes so it took a second try to get an accurate number.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.