Pages

Tuesday 22 May 2018

Volume and Capacity


L.I: To measure the capacity of a object and find the volume.
This week for math we are learning about volume and capacity and what they are. Capacity is the amount something can hold and volume is the amount of space something uses in a container or such. The capacity is the height, depth, and width/length. We also learnt a new way to multiply the big number measurements measurements. We had to find the volume and capacity to 2 things in the class. I decided to do a box and 10's counting box. We hadn't learn to measure a round object so we had to do a rectangular or square shape because it is much easier. I was able to use the strategy I learnt and got the correct answer. I only used the strategy for the first item because the second item was easy to work out. The template was made a google draw and was similar to last weeks but a few things we changed around. We had to put an image of the item, estimate the measurement of the capacity, find the real capacity, and find the volume using different thing that is non metric being not water and etc. I also used a photo of the object when it was full. I used the counters and the uni link cubes for filling my objects to find the volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.