Pages

Tuesday 26 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey | Activity 3 (Day 1) | W2 | Bonus Activity

For activity 3 of Day 1 from week 2 of the Summer learning journey which is also a bonus activity, I had to read a poem called 'In Flanders Fields' by John McCrae. Then make a blog post and say if you liked it or not and how it makes you feel. Click the link below to read the poem yourself.

Poem - In Flanders Fields

I enjoyed reading this poem. I liked how there was a word at the end of each line that rhymed with the previous one. Reading this poem made me feel very proud that we have people fighting and risking their lives for countries. I also felt a bit sad because this poem was very touching.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team! It's great to be reading another one of your posts and to see that you've kept blogging over the holidays. Well done!

    This poem also made me feel sad and yet proud. It was very brave of all those soldiers to fight so that we could have a better future. Do you think we should remember those who died in the war? I think it's very important to remember them when they did so much for our country!

    I felt very sad when I read this poem, not only for the soldiers, but for their families at home. We have to remember that so many more people were affected by the war than just soldiers. How do you think the families of the soldiers feel when they read this poem?

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Victoria
    Well done on finishing this summer learning journey activity. I also found the poem a bit touching because it reminded me of all of the soldiers that lost their lives during the war. Keep up the excellent work Victoria.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.