Pages

Sunday 9 July 2017

Fishing in Farewell Spit - Winter Learning Journey | Activity 11 | BONUS

Image result for Fishing in farewell spit - hectors dolphins
I think fishing in Farewell Spit should be Banned! This is very hurtful  to know and see our animals either die or be trapped. Being told that slightly rare dolphins are sadly being killed every year when they are trapped in fishnets and can’t escape is very sad. These people aren’t thinking before they act and don’t bother too. These sea animals are very special and are part of the nature. Having our sea animals go extinct is not what people should want neither being selfish and showing off what they caught. Over 80,000 sea animals are killed every year which is very bad and disappointing.

For this activity I had to write about my opinion on if fishing in Farewell Spit should be banned or not. I said it should be banned and explain why. I added a photo of dolphins who were sadly caught in a fishnet and had no possible way to get out, so they died. Knowing this makes me sad and confused why they do this.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria,
    I really like this. We shouldn't fish at farewell split. Well Done!
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victoria. I agree with you people should be banned fishing at Farewell Spit. Hector Dolphins could become extinct because of this. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Victoria
    I one hundred percent agree with you - the Hector's dolphins could become extinct. Keep up the amazing work.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Victoria
    I kind of agree with you because I think people should be allowed to fish in Farewell spit but they should take extra care on what they catch.
    Great work

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.