Pages

Friday 10 January 2020

Activity 1: The World of Hip Hop

I think the dance and performance was amazing! It's so satisfying to watch everyone in sync and on beat with the music. The songs were appropriate and popular as well. Some of the dance moves were very complex, which got a great reaction from the audience. I really like the outfits because it was bold, bright, and stood out. There is always room for improvement, but I personally can't nitpick anything that needs to be better. It was really well done I would say. The one biggest thing they did well was the performance all together, it must've took a lot of practice and I didn't catch any obvious mistakes.


In this activity we looked at Parris Goebel, a very famous New Zealander, known from all around the world! Parris always had a passion for dancing, ever since she was a child. She grew up to create her own all-girl dance crew, ReQuest at the age of 15 which was very successful. Now in Auckland she started "The Palace Dance Studio", and created five more dance crews! In 2019 Parris and one of her crews, The Royal Family, won the World Hip Hop Dance Championship. We were asked to watch their performance, and give a review - What did/didn't we like about the performance? What did the crew do well? What could they work on/improve? And include details like the dance, dancers, costumes, music, etc.

7 comments:

  1. Very mature blog post Victoria - you have included a lot of detail in your blog post...

    Do you like or do hip/hop dancing? Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! I don't do hip hop dancing, but I definitely think it's an amazing skill and talent. I honestly think dancing in general is really cool - It's beautiful to watch others embrace the music in their dance and just do what they love...Thank you for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Hi Victoria!,
    What a great review you have written about the Royal Family performance. You have a great and very detailed review. I also think that their performance was amazing. I wonder how long they had practise for. Like you said there wasn't any mistakes or struggles, which means they probably practised a lot. If you had the chance, would you join the Royal Family dance crew?

    Great Work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sakina, and thank you for the amazing feedback! I wonder how long they practice for too - it must take hours! The Royal Family are a very talented group of people who all meet at a very high standard. With that being said, I don't think I'd be able to dance with them...although I would definitely take up the chance to go to "The Palace Dance Studio" and get a closer look at how they practice and etc.

      Delete
  3. Hello Victoria,
    Once again I am met with an extraordinary blog post! I really enjoyed reading this blog post! Let me elaborate on why I like it. Firstly, you embedded the video, so we could watch it our self! Secondly, you told us about the main person, Parris Goebal. I really liked their performance as well. One thin that I think they could improve was the mens costumes so they stand out more. Do you want to be a dancer? This is an astonishing blog post! Keep up the phenomenal work!

    Vitaraag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vitaraag! I really appreciate the detail in your feedback - your comments are always a big help to my blog posts. I don't think I would like to be a real dancer, and here is why...I believe dancing is a beautiful skill, but some people are genuinely born with a real passion and talent for it - fortunately I know I'm not one of those people, but this just means I was meant for something else. I still love dancing - like doing it for fun, or watching other people. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  4. Hi Victoria,
    I liked how you said that the dance performance was amazing because of the co-ordination and complex moves the dancers could pull off. I also liked how you said that you couldn't nitpick anything from the performance. Would you want to become a dancer like them when you're older?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.