Pages

Friday 27 December 2019

Activity 2: Leading by Example

Sometime ago this year I was swimming and I over-heard two people talking about one of the life guards because of how he acted feminine and wore makeup. This life guard had did nothing wrong but watch over the people swimming making sure they were safe. Out of respect and kindness, I went up to him/her and complimented them saying they looked beautiful. They smiled, and I swam away knowing I had made their day. What to take away from this story is that we should never disrespect a person for being different.


For this activity we were asked to re-call or preform a random act of kindness little or big in inspiration of Princess Diana and Mother Teresa that were both led by examples of random acts of kindness towards others. Although I decided to talk about something I did quite a while ago I think it was a great example of a simple act of kindness you can learn from too!

2 comments:

  1. RAK's are great aren't they - and they can be so simple as smiling or saying something nice. Well done you... Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victoria,
    I liked how you said that you complimented the lifeguard because other people had been insulting them. I found it interesting that those two people would slander the lifeguard. Did you tell the lifeguard about what they were saying?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.