Pages

Wednesday 8 January 2020

Activity 1: Talk Show Host


In this activity we looked at probably one of the most influential woman in the world, Oprah Winfrey. She is super successful, most well-known for her talk show that she ran for 25 years! She has also started her own school in South Africa, and encourages young people with opportunities to follow their passions. The task was to share our interest/passion and future plans with our viewers. Although I don't have a specific job in mind, I'd love to focus on travelling or exploring more in my future. Personally, I think it would be a good idea to continue studying but it depends on where I am at when I actually finish high school/college.

5 comments:

  1. Malo Victoria! My name is Naomi and I am a researcher at The University of Auckland. I agree that Oprah Winfrey's Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa has helped young women like yourself to have opportunities that support their personal passions and also through financial support towards improved social and economic futures.

    I am so please to hear that you are aiming to do further study and travel. I believe these are two very important contributors to broadening ones mind, appreciation of others and general skills for success. Do you know where you may want to travel and what you may wish to study?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victoria!
    This DLO was great. I loved the DLO you created as you provided your Attributions and you added a large description of what you wanted to do. I want to do Photography as my job because it provides a lot of money for me and my family.
    Blog you later!
    ~ Florence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Victoria - the world is your oyster as they say, so where do you want to go? Write up a bucket list and tick them off - or get a scratch map of the world and scratch and go! Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Victoria!,
    You have a great DLO about your passion/interest. I think travelling is great, because you can experience different places and learn about cultural celebrations. My dream job is to become an orthodontist. What's one of the countries/places you would like to really visit?

    Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Victoria,
    I liked how you said that you'd want to visit lots of new places when you travel. I also liked how you said that you'd do travelling on the side of your main job. Where would you go?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.