Pages

Thursday 27 December 2018

DOC Ranger | Activity 2 (Day 3) - Summer Learning Journey


This was activity number 3 for day 3 of the Summer Learning Journey. For this I had to list 3 pro's and 3 con's of being a DOC Ranger after understanding what they do. These people protect the wildlife as living on an island. I also had to tell if I would like to be a DOC Ranger. Besides the good's of being a DOC Ranger, I think it just wouldn't work out for me. I love animals but I don't always have the courage or confidence to interact with some of them. I think i'd just leave it to the experienced to handle the job.

3 comments:

  1. Malo E Lelei Victoria,

    What an outstanding blog post from you. Thanks for sharing your learning about a DOC Ranger's job. Just like you said I wouldn't have the ability to deal with a group of animals. The pro's and con's that you have listed are amazing. Do any of your siblings wish to be a DOC Ranger?

    Nice One!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Victoria,

    Thank you for sharing your honest thoughts and opinions on whether you would like to become a DOC ranger or not. I am also a fond lover of animals but having to travel to animal reserves (the islands) away from my friends and family would make it too challenging for me.

    You have mentioned some great points on your list of pros and cons. Remember there are always alternatives (different ways) to help save animals around the world. Donating is a common option because you wouldn't have to be directly involved with handling the animals but the money would be used in helpful ways such as building shelter and providing food. Do you have any pets at home? If not, what are your favourite animals?

    Ka kite,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Victoria,
    Well done on finishing this activity. I think that being a DOC ranger would be a very interesting job with lots of cons and pros. Like you said, you can get lots of fresh air and will be able to see animals that you might not have ever seen before but you also have the risk of getting hurt. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.