Pages

Thursday 22 December 2016

Summer Learning Journey- Opinion On BullFighting

Image result for Bull fighting

In my opinion I think that bullfighting should be banned, in fact I thought bullfighting should have been banned years ago. 1 because this cruelty to our animals/bull. This can also be very dangerous if things get out of hand, it can cause serious injuries if not professional or other. I did some re-search and found out it was not only bulls that found themselves in an arena also as horses! This is all the reasons I can think of that are most important why bullfighting should be banned. I hope you agree.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you, Victoria. I suspect that there are reasons for bull-fighting that I don't know about as I've never talked with a matador. But I don't like the idea of animals being injured on purpose for any reason, let alone for entertainment. I'm not keen on people trying to prove their bravery by hurting anyone or anything else. I wonder if some other type of challenge would be of interest to those who want to participate in or watch bullfighting? Perhaps some day you'll have a chance to travel to Spain and ask that kind of question.

    I always try to keep in mind that people in different countries make choices that I can't understand because I've never lived in their circumstances. It is a complicated world, isn't it?

    Keep up your good work!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Victoria,

    Thank you for sharing your opinion about bullfighting. You have written a really well thought argument, and I have to say I agree with you. I'm very impressed that you took it a step further and did your own research to find out about bullfighting, that means you have the facts to back up what you're saying which is important!

    I didn't know that they used horses as well? That must be so distressing for the poor animals involved. Often they will mistreat the bulls badly in the lead up to the fight, in order to give the matador an advantage in the ring.

    I particularly like how you said that this shouldn't just be banned, but it should have been so years ago. Although this kind of activity is a long held tradition in Spain, it is important that we are always thinking about what the right thing to do is, regardless of what other people might think.

    Well done Victoria, I really enjoyed reading your blog.

    Dan.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.