Pages

Thursday 25 June 2020

Solving with long division


L.I: To be able to explain the steps of long division.
This week in Math, we learned a new strategy called long division. This is used to solve all sorts of division questions using a certain process that breaks down the strategy in an easy way to understand. After we tested our understanding by solving a few questions and playing a game to try calculating the answers by ourselves. Florence and I worked together to create our DLO about how to do long division by using one of the questions in our maths book as an example. I feel very confident using long division and is one of the strategies I want to try including in my learning since it's actually simpler than it looks. Click the links below to watch the video in our DLO or play the game!

Math Antics - Long Division (Video)
Mathopolis Questions (Quiz)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.