Pages

Friday 26 May 2017

Letter to the Once-ler

                                                             Dear Onceler,

I am the Lorax…And I speak for the trees.
My trees help the animals live, and all people including you, by making the oxygen you're
breathing more fresh.The gas from your factory is slowly polluting the air. If you cut down all the of the truffula trees that you please, the animals that enjoy living here will sadly have no choice but to leave. If you cut all these trees this entire place will be nothing but dark and emptiness, I promise you.
My suggestion to you is that you try something a bit new and maybe only take the truffula fluff? There is no need for you to cut down these trees if all that you need is only the truffula fluff. This is only one of my ideas that I can think of for you and you can still make your thneeds. The trunks of the trees will be able to grow back their fluff. To and for the animals, every fruit you see before taking the fluff off a truffula tree give it to them in offer for there these are their homes and their trees too. With all the unwanted thneeds that you receive you can reuse it or recycle it as furniture, clothes, a perfume scent, carpets or small houses for the animals?
The gas from your factory is un needed, but if you can lower the amount of trees that you take the truffula fluff off to 20 or 30?Please just stop destroying nature.

This is your choice but I hope you choose the right decision…

Regards

The Lorax

L.I: To persuade using reduce, reuse, and recycle arguments
I learnt to think about the reduce, reuse, recycle in this case for nature especially the trees.
We got into pairs and thought about the issue in the Lorax.
Then we created a google doc and did some planning. We got it checked then moved onto a different doc and started to write. We had to be really convincing and persuade the Once-ler to stop, as if we were the actual Lorax. In the letter we had to include the words of reduce, reuse, recycle and the different ways he can do those 3 things. After doing all that digital work, I wrote it all down on a sheet of paper as my partner did some other work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.