Pages

Thursday 23 July 2020

10-5-7-10-10 Writing

The Perfect Weather

“It’s a beautiful morning,” I say to myself aloud, standing by my kitchen window with a warm cup of tea. I over hear the weather predictions playing on the TV in the other room. Today sounds almost too perfect for a climb over a nice rocky cliff as I watch the bright morning sky fade away. I’ve heard a lot about a place, about 30 minutes away, that’s the home of high mountains and breathtaking views. My friends always talk about it whenever we go out, and I feel left out because I’m the only one who has never been. My mind drifts off as I imagine myself just one more push before I’m at the top. I’m out of the house by 12am and make a few pit stops before finally arriving at my destination around 1pm. I get the climbing gear out of my loaded travelling bag and take a long sip of my 3 litre ice cold water. I stop and stand, taking a heavy gaze grinning at the breathtaking view of mountains and the lovely backdrop of cloudy blues. I’m half way dripping sweat and gasping for air.



L.I: To use 5-7-10 to write creatively.

This week for writing we did another 5-7-10 challenge. But this time we talked about what was difficult and what we could change to help us write better. Everyone thought we needed more time to plan our writing first, and DRAFT at the end so we gave these 10 minutes. 5-7-10 is a form of quick writing. 5 minutes to write down your ideas, 7 minutes to talk about it with a buddy, and 10 minutes to detail and write more. But after doing some changes the order was 10-5-7-10-10. The story starters was about climbing a cliff, and we had to think about the emotions and other ideas that could be included or thought about when writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.