Pages

Thursday 24 August 2017

3D Shape - Planning

L.I: To create my own 3D shape with a different capacity from the volume.
Today for maths we made plans of a 3D shape that we would be making. To do this we had to pick any 3D shape. I chose a rectangular prism. Then we drew out the shape as a net version of it, the net had to have tabs for wherever the places that we needed to be folding on so we could fold and glues the tabs down so we could easily connect them with the other side it needs to held together with. The shape had to have a capacity too so I added extra folds. The capacity for my shape was 8cm, 1cm and 3cm then the volume for my shape is 3cm, 8cm and 3cm again. We had to make a schedule to for when we would complete certain things. On Monday I completed my planning, on Tuesday I found my volume and capacity, on Wendesday I found all my measurements that I needed, then on Friday I need to actually draw and cut out my shape on the cardboard, and lastly on next week Monday and Tuesday I will finish off my work that needs to be done then blog my finished product. I learnt to find and make the capacity for a shape and the capacity and volume need to be different. To find the capacity you need to multiply the width, height and depth like how you find the volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.