Pages

Wednesday 8 January 2020

Activity 3: Feast or Famine

Yes, I would definitely consider doing a 20 or 40 Hour famine if I was able to! It would be a great feeling over all to experience and participate in that. It's a great example and influence on others, to show some random act of kindness by raising money for the charity. It's a great way to be supportive too, because we actually make a life-changing difference. I really think World Vision and the 40 Hour Famine is extremely beneficial and impactful. It would also be a big accomplishment, and a life experience!


In this activity we looked at funny actor from New Zealand, named Julian Dennison, who is only 17 years old. Besides starring in a couple of movies and commercials, he has joined up with 'World Vision' to be a 40 Hour Famine Ambassador, travelling to Uganda to meet some of refugees from South Sudan! Then we were asked if we would or wouldn't participate in a 20 or 40 Hour Famine like Julian. Personally, I went with yes because it is a big help and shows my support to them. Read more about my personal opinion and thoughts in the 6 sentences above!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Victoria,
    You have almost finished the Summer Learning Journey. Amazing! I would also do the 20 or 40 Hour famine. I want to do this so I can help people who are in need. Also if I was in the same situation as them then I would want someone to do the 20 or 40 Hour famine. I really like your blog post because first you did the activity and then you explained the activity. Maybe next time you could add a really short outro for your blog post. Overall this is a phenomenal blog post. Keep up the astonishing work!

    Vitaraag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria, on 5th - 7th June this year you could participate in the World Vision 40 hr famine. In 2019 thousands of other kind hearted Kiwis like you, generously supported the 40 Hour Famine. They made a life-changing difference to kids seeking refuge in Northern Uganda. Funds raised from the 2018 and 2019 40 Hour Famine are making a life-changing difference, supporting South Sudanese refugee children living in Northern Uganda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Victoria!,
    I have enjoyed reading about whether you would consider doing the 20 or 40 hour famine. It looks like you have been putting a lot of effort in these Summer Learning Journey activities, so great work. I would also consider doing the 20 or 40 hour famine, to help raise money. Would you like to become an ambassador of the 40 hour famine? and why?

    Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Victoria,
    I liked how you said that you would do a 20-40 hour famine because it would be a great experience and you'd be raising money for charity. I also liked how you said that it would be a big accomplishment. What would you go on a famine from?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.