Pages

Monday 8 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey | Activity 1 (Day 1) | W3

For activity 1 of day 1 from week 3 of the Summer learning journey, I had to write if the "meat and three veg" rule was a good one. The "meat and three veg" means three different types of vegetables and one type of meat. This was the simple rule that housewives back in the 1950's used when they prepared the evening meal.
dinner (2).jpg















In my opinion, I think that the rule is a good one because it is very simple. Also because there is a fair amount of vegetables because some kids don't really like eating a lot of vegetables. There also a meat in the meal, it seems like a quite healthy meal to me and one that kids might like.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Victoria,
    I really enjoyed reading this post. You express you opinion well and you did explain why. You are so right, this is a very simple rule but a very sensible one, you can't really go wrong with a "meat and three vege" meal.
    Unfortunately, many parents are working very hard and long hours nowadays and they end up not having time to cook home made meals such as this one for their families. I can see that you know what healthy meal is and I think that is great that you are aware of the importance for children and everyone to have a healthy and well balance diet. Way to go!
    keep up the great work!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Victoria
    Good job on finishing this summer learning journey activity. I liked your explanation as to why you think the meat and three veg rule is good. I also think it is a good rule because it has a nice balance of meat and vegetables. Keep up the good work.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.