Pages

Wednesday 13 June 2018

Lattice & Japanese Methods


L.I: To develop the "Japanese" and "Chinese" method for multiplication outside the basic facts.
This week for maths we learnt about the lattice or Chinese and Japanese methods. We had to create a DLO showing how to do the lattice & japanese methods using a google slide, screencastify or other. I decided to make a google slide because I could show and talk about each method for separate slides. On the Math slides we were given 3 multiplication we could do, but it was optional. They were - 23 x 25, 37 x 25, and 67 x 34. My group, the math masters, learnt how to do decimal equations as well and we could do that as a challenge. I decided to do one of the multiplications which was 23 x 25 and the other was 28 x 32 which I came up with. I did 28 x 32 for the lattice/Chinese method and 23 x 25 for the Japanese. On the side I talked about what I did and how I got the answer. I think the Japanese method is better for more smaller multiplication because if you do a big number you would have to draw too many lines and I think the lattice could be used for any type of multiplication.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.