Pages

Friday 27 October 2017

Kiwi Can Recount Writing

Kiwi Can

This week wednesday the class and I had kiwi can with miss latoya and mr malu. The topic for kiwi can this week was respect. Firstly we played a few warm up activities before we got to anything else.  

This activity included a ball. For the first game we had to split into 2 groups so mr malu numbered each and everyone one of us either 1 or 2. I was in group 2. From our group we had to get into a pair, my pair was Sakina. We had to stay in a straight line behind the cone with our groups and wait for further instructions. This was a race between both groups and the first pair in the front of the lane had to face the opposite direction of each other so one faced to the left and the other faced to the right then a ball was put in between each others backs and we had to make it to the end of the cones and back to where we started. Once each pair had a turn you were done. My pair and I found it quite difficult. Although the ball kept dropping we still tried but we weren’t able to make it to the end and back.

With the next game we did we still had to stay in our groups and our pairs like the last game but this time instead we had to face forward and try and make it across to the end and back with the ball between your buddies and your legs. Sakina and I found a strategy that helped us and it was to put our hand over each others shoulder so we could try and stay together. We also tried to keep rhythm with each other and make sure we were in time with each other with every step. We were so close to the finish line but the ball sadly dropped. I think it was because we got to excited and weren’t able to focus. I really enjoyed playing both of the activities.

After the 2 activities we went inside the class and talked about what we think we are. There were only 3 options and a cone for that option so we could go to it. We had to go to either the sports cone, communication cone or the dancing/performing cone. I decided to go to the sports cone. The people in each group had to talk about why they think they are good at that topic or why they like that topic. I like sports because I think I have the energy for it and I like to give it a try or even try new things.

Then after each group gave their reasons of why they like or are good at the topic we split into groups again. This time it was to see which group we went to depending on what we think. The first group was if you liked to work things out in your brain and such then the second group was if you didn’t like to work things out in your brain and such like that. If we decided we are the first group we went to Mr Malu and if we decided we were group 2 we went to miss latoya. I chose to go to group 2, mrs latoya's group. I think I was a bit in between the two but I still went to group 2. Miss Latoya and Mr Malu changed it up, instead of group two doing something that didn’t include using our brains to work it out we had to play 4 pics and 1 word which was a game we did have to use our brains and try and figure out using the 4 pictures that were shown a word. The 4 pictures had to be based off the word itself. We had 3 rounds of this. I think my team did a pretty good job because we got all of them right! On the other hand group 1 were exercising and doing physical things until the bell rang and it was time to say goodbye to Mr Malu and Miss latoya and head off back to class. I think it was super fun, I had a great time and enjoyed my time there.


L.I: To revise Recount writing
This week for writing we did another practise of the 40 minute recount writing. This time the topic was kiwi sport - badminton, but I missed out on it so I chose to write about kiwi can. We were shown all the 7 things teachers look for in our piece of writing or recount and TREE. T stands for title, R stands for reveal, E stands for events and the last E stands for ending. I tried my best to include all those things and try to make it better than my last one. After the time went off we had to stop writing because we were practising for the real test next week and so we know what to do and are used to it. Then we tried rating our own recounts properly. After counting all the ratings I did for myself it all totalled up to 34. The number I had to be at at least was 27 and I passed that number.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.