Pages

Tuesday 1 May 2018

The Multiplier


L.I: To understand how to split a multiplication to help work out the answer.
This week for maths we had to go on a site called The multiplier which is game that helps you solve big multiplication equations by being able to split them. We had to randomly pick one equation that we liked and solve it showing the way we split and the answer. We had to create a DLO putting the information on it. I also added a bunch of photos from The multiplier game to go with the text and show what the game is like. I explain what the game is, My equation, and the answer to all the 6 questions. We also had to answer 6 questions. Here are the questions and my answers which are also in my DLO:
How did you use The multiplier? - 
I used it by splitting the number to help me find the answer
What numbers did you use in the problem? -
In the problem I chose the numbers were 54 x 7.
How did you split up these numbers? -
I split the number 54 into 2 groups - 27 x 7 and 27 x 7.
Why did you split the numbers in this way? -
I split them this way because they were both the same which meant all I had to do was double it and I had less work to do.
Why was that the easiest way to split the number? -
This was the easiest way because it was half of the number 54 and I could easily work out 27 x 7.
How could you show that in a diagram? -
I could show it in a diagram by showing the 2 groups I split the number into, adding the split number multiplications, adding the answers from each of the split number multiplications to get my answer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.