Pages

Monday 6 January 2020

Activity 2: Romeo and Juliet

English version: This morning was quiet. I'm awake before everyone else, so I lay in bed for a few minutes and just listen to the birds outside of my window. It's still a bit wet outside from last night, and cold and windy. I'm not that hungry, so for breakfast is a toasted PB & J sandwich. And I start my day!..

Shakespearean version: This morning wast quiet. I'm awaketh bef're ev'ryone else, so I did lie in sleep chamber f'r a few minutes and just hark to the birds outside of mine own window.  T's still a did bite did wet outside from last night of all, and bitter cold and windy.  I'm not yond fill'd with pangs of hunger, so f'r breakfast is a toast'd PB & J sandwich.  And I starteth mine own day!..



For this activity we looked at a man named William Shakespeare, a famous author, poet, and playwright. One of his most popular plays is Romeo and Juliet, which you might've heard of. Shakespeare wrote his plays in English, but they weren't like the modern words we use today. They call it "Shakespeare Language", and to learn more about it we used a translating tool to see what it was like. We were asked to write a short recount of what we did today, and use this tool to translate it! You can read mine above. This activity was pretty cool, although I've looked at Shakespeare and this translator before.

2 comments:

  1. Have you been to see any of the shows at the Pop up Globe at Ellerslie? It's there last season but SO worth trying to catch a show before they leave... Keep blogging Victoria and commenting to get those bonus points!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victoria,
    I liked how you described the background and what you did in the morning. I found it interesting that you ate a Peanut Butter & Jam (Or jelly) sandwich, I've never tried one. Do they taste nice?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.