Pages

Tuesday 20 March 2018

Place Value House


L.I: To show how to use place value to solve a subtraction equation using - ten for one and one for ten.
This week for maths we had to create a DLO showing an example of us using place value for subtraction. We learnt about the phrase - tens for ones and ones for tens. Ten for ones and ones means that 1 ten is that same as 10 ones and 1 one hundred is the same as 10 tens, so basically if you transfer a higher number in to a different number it will always be a ten or one. Like say if it was 100 which is a higher number, if you transfer into a different number digit like the tens it will still be one hundred but seem as 10 tens. I created my DLO and learning for this on a google draw. We had to first watch a video of someone showing us how to subtract using a place value house. After watching the whole video, we just went over again some of what she said and a few examples with the teacher. I learnt today that you can subtract using a place value house. My equation was 325 - 127. In the google draw I explain how I did it and show you what I did. I also included what is ten for one and one for ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.