Pages

Friday 28 December 2018

Tundra Letter | Activity 2 (Day 5) - Summer Learning Journey

My Letter: Dear, Family my trip was great. Tundra is beautiful and I am loving the view. I was able to experience actual snow! It's icy and crunchy. Very quite and peaceful here, just what I needed. It's odd without trees as I a used to a land full of them everywhere. It's really freezing though, all my limbs are numb. I'll be back soon, wish you could've came :)

Sincerely, Victoria xo

Today's 2nd activity of Day 5 for the Summer Learning Journey was to imagine I took a class trip to Tundra before the weather changed up then couldn't and write a letter about my it to my family or friend. I chose to write it to my family because I would miss them the most and I would already be with my friends. I first had to find out a little bit about this place. It is land that is very cold without any trees. To earn the full point I had to begin with dear and follow it on by 5 to 6 sentence about the experience.

3 comments:

  1. Malo e lelei Victoria,

    It is so great to see that you have joined us again for another great summer of blogging. Welcome back! As always, you are doing a really lovely job with the SLJ (Summer Learning Journey) programme. I really enjoyed reading your letter today about your trip to the tundra. Like you, I would find it quite odd to be in a place that did not have any trees. It would feel very strange and oddly lonely, I think, to be somewhere without the normal sights and sounds of home. Here in Auckland I live in the bush so I would find it especially strange not to see a tree when I woke up and looked out of my window!

    I think that you are absolutely right to mention that you would also be quite cold in the tundra. Apparently it can get down to - 40 degrees celsuis. Yikes - that is cold! My dad actually had the chance to go to the tundra years ago with some friends. He said that it was an amazing experience.

    Would you like to go to the tundra one day in real life? I'm not sure that I would like it as I tend to get quite cold, even here in New Zealand. I'm not sure how I would fare in temperatures that were well below zero!

    Fortunately, we don't have to worry about weather like that right now, do we? It looks like it is going to be a beautiful day here in Auckland. I hope that you have the chance to get out and enjoy the sunshine!

    Bye for now,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victoria,

    Thanks for sharing your blog post about your Tundra letter. You are getting amazing comments for great people. Your letter sure sounds great. I loved it how you said It's really freezing though, all my limbs are numb. Those are great adjectives that you are using for this letter. Have you ever wished to visit the Tundra?

    Nice Work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Victoria,
    Well done on finishing this activity. Your letter from the Tundra is great. If you had to pick one person in your family that you would write your letter to, who would it be? Would you want to visit a Tundra sometime in the future? Keep up the amazing work.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.