Pages

Tuesday 24 December 2019

Activity 1: A Long Walk to Freedom


For this first Summer Learning Journey activity to start day 2 of week 2, we wrote journal entries imagining we were Nelson Mandela living at Robben Island prison. Talking about how he felt, what he did there, his thoughts, and etc. A Journal entry is personally expressing yourself in the pages of a Journal with writing. I found this activity really interesting, because I was trying to look at this perspective I've never even experienced myself. But using the information I've read about being in the prison, I was able to make a good paragraph out of it. 

5 comments:

  1. Great work Victoria. You are off to a wonderful start on your learning Journey. Keep at it. I really enjoyed this blog along with your letter to the Prime Minister.
    Mr Johnston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victoria, this is Mrs Collins again from Manaiakalani commenting on blogs over term break. Well done on posting and participating in the SLJ this year. I really like the narrative you shared about freedom from Nelson Mandela's perspective...Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Victoria!,
    I have enjoyed reading your entry journal of Nelson Mandela's perspective. Your entry journal is very descriptive, which is awesome. I like how you have explained strongly how you have felt in prison from Nelson's perspective.

    Great Work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Victoria!
    I loved this journal entry you made. It is very detailed and would definitely sound similar to what he would have said himself. I loved the fact you added "- Nelson M" at the end, its very extra but a very important detail of what he would write.
    Keep up the amazing work!
    Blog you later!
    ~ Florence

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Victoria,
    I liked how you described how you think he would've felt, what he does in there and what he thinks will happen when he leaves the prison. I also liked how you signed off at the end of your entry. Do you have a diary?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.