Pages

Monday 16 December 2019

Activity 1: Setting Sail

1. Porridge - Is healthy and nutritious, and the wholegrain oats contain helpful fiber. 
2. Spaghetti - Whole-wheat spaghetti are a good source of fiber.
3. Backed Beans - They are a good source of protein and high in fiber.
4. Noodles - Instant ramen noodles provide iron.
5. Biscuits - Digestive biscuits help our digestion and improve our health.
6. Soup - Eating soup has higher intake of fiber, vitamin, magnesium, potassium and iron.
7. Trail mix - Nuts have fiber, proteins, minerals, and vitamins that are all good for you.
8. Canned Tuna - A good source of essential nutrients.
9. Dried Fruit - Boost fiber and nutrient intake; supply body with large amounts of antioxidants.
10. Bread - The nutrients are easy to digest and available for body use.

For this activity we watched a video on the pacific explorers and how they traveled. We then had to list 10 food items we would take if we were setting sail and why. I mainly listed canned and dried foods, nuts, and easy to make meals. This is because canned and dried food lasts longer.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria
    l really enjoyed reading your blog post about what you would take on the voyage. The one l liked the most that you did was bread because you are right it does have all the nutrients and is easy digest. Great Job and Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malo Lelei Victoria

    I have enjoyed reading your blog post. Something that I liked about your list was how you added why you would choose these items. I think you could talk more about the task you were set and what you're favorite part. Otherwise you layout was really good and I enjoyed reading the food you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Malo e lelei Victoria,

    My name is Mani and I am going to be joining you on the Summer Learning Journey as a blog commenter. I am so excited that you are joining us for the Summer Learning Journey 2019-2020. Have you done this programme before?

    This year I am so excited that I get to read over the Manaiakalani blogs, especially because I have been to your school and met you and your classmates! How is the class anyways? I am really looking forward to summer, aren't you? In my spare time I like spending time with my family and hanging out with my friends. I also love to exercise and write songs in my spare time. What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

    I enjoyed reading your blog post and thought that your reasons for picking your selected items were fantastic and relevant! I would have to say my favourite out of your list is the porridge because I eat it every day at breakfast and lunch! Which item from your list is your favourite? Also by adding some bright colours or a few pictures of the food items to your blog post I think it would really catch people’s attention.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog posts and hope you enjoy your last week of school, keep up the great work Victoria! :)


    Malo,
    Mani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malo e lelei Victoria,

    My name is Melita and I am from Christ The King school. I loved the list you made on the ten foods you can carry. Well done on explaining each food item you selected. Although bread doesn't last for three week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Victoria,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post and observing your work that you have completed. I like how you listed some of the health benefits of your foods. Did you find anything hard about this activity?

    Great blogging and Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Victoria,
    I liked how you chose lots of canned and dried food. I also liked how you chose fruit because of the fibre. If you could pick more items, what else would you bring?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hej Victoria,

    You have listed terrific food items to take with you and have given us readers solid reasons as to why you would take those items.

    What food do you think you'd finish first?
    - Riiana

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.