Pages

Sunday 9 July 2017

Three Events in New Zealand - Winter Learning Journey | Activity 19 |

Event 1. Matariki - Matariki is the Maori New year  celebrations which used to have 7 stars but now has 9 apparently.

Event 2. Waitangi Day - Waitangi Day is celebrated because the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi.

Event 3. ANZAC Day - ANZAC day is celebrated for those who fought in war and sadly passed away. It stands for A - Australia and N -New Zealand A - Army C - Corps.

For this Winter Learning Journey activity I had to write about three different events in New Zealand. I chose Matariki, Waitangi Day, and ANZAC day.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria,
    I really like your three events that you picked. This is really great.
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victoria. I like the three events you chose. Keep on working hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Victoria
    Do you remember the name of the two new stars? I can't quite remember them. Keep up the fabulous work.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Victoria
    I like the events that you chose, and how you explained what ANZAC means.
    Great work

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.