Pages

Sunday 9 July 2017

Whale Rider Summary - Winter Learning Journey | Activity 10 |



Image result for Whale Rider
A young girl named Pai, born in New Zealand at the age of 12 enlists the help of her grandmother and the training of her uncle to claim her birthright. Since only men are able to rise to chiefdom in a Maori tribe in New Zealand. An ancient custom get’s upset when the child chose to be the next chief sadly dies at his birth. However his twin sister, Pai , survives. But for Pai to break with convention, she'll have to win over her ultra-traditional grandfather.
                                                    Rating - 4 ( Good Movie )

For this Winter Learning Journey activity I had to watch the 2 trailers for Whale Rider and write my own summary for it. Then after the summary I had to rate it only by the trailers. I gave it a 4 which equaled to Good movie. It sounded interesting but I still wanted to watch the movie itself to see what if it's as good as how I think it is. I researched about this movie and took bits and pieces from my researching and put it into my summary. I also added the picture of the front cover from Whale Rider

5 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria,
    I love your summary and I do the Winter learning journey too! This tells me about the movie so much I don't even need to watch the trailers ! Keep posting and Keep it up ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victoria,
    I like the ratted this movie a 4 but I chose to rate this movie 2 because this is not my type of movie. Well Done!
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Victoria. I like the reason behind why you gave it a four out of five. I gave it a two out of five because it is a movie I wouldn't watch. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Victoria
    I like the reason on why you rated Whale rider a four out of five. I decide to give it a three out of five. Keep up the good work.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Victoria
    Nice summary! I like how you said that she has to win over her ultra-traditional grandfather. Do you think that she'll win him over in the end?
    Great work

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.