Pages

Wednesday 20 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey | Activity 1 (Day 4)

For activity 1 of day 4 from the Summer learning journey, we had to listen to a variety of Moari waiata and read the lyrics. Then make a blog post on which one of the waiata you found and liked then most and also explain why.

My favourite Maori waiata is Rona. This is my one of my favourite waiata because I have sang this song before in Maori class with my class and I like the rhythm it has. You can click the link below to listen to it.

Listen to Rona! - Rona Lyrics and Music

2 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team! It's great to see that you've been working through these activities. Well done!

    This is a great waiata! I have never heard it before so enjoyed listening to it. It's great that you've sung this song before at school! Do you enjoy singing? I enjoy singing but perhaps too much because my family is always telling me to be quiet!

    It's great that the link you have shared on your post shares the lyrics in Maori and English. What message do you think the lyrics are sharing?

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Victoria
    Well done on finishing this summer learning journey activity. Rona sounds amazing. I like how you added the link to Rona - it made it really easy to find. Keep up the excellent work Victoria.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.