Pages

Tuesday 26 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey | Activity 2 (Day 2) | W2

For activity 2 of day 2 from week 2 of the Summer learning journey, I had to take a look at a self poitrat made in 1929 by a woman named Tamara de Lempicka. Then I had to make a blog post and rate it out of 5 then explain why you gave it that rating.

Here is the self portrait:
























I would rate this self portrait a 4/5. I rate it this because it has great detail to it and you are able to see everything very clearly because of that (Research says it is her sitting in a green Bugatti). I also really like the style of this piece of art work. It is really a beautiful self portrait and I really like it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria,

    Good work with this activity. There is some great detail in this painting, isn't there! The shading is very clever I thought because the fabric looks as though it is folded in some parts.

    What would this painting need to get that last star from you?
    I also gave it 4 out of 5 stars because I liked the painting and all of it's shading, but I thought it didn't focus on the self enough when it was a self-portrait. But I suppose that's just artistic difference :)

    I look forward to reading more of your blog.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Victoria
    Great job on finishing this summer learning journey activity. I would also probably give this painting a 4 out of 5 stars as it's a pretty good painting but it didn't appeal to me at all. Keep up the excellent work Victoria.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.