Pages

Thursday 21 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey | Activity 1 (Day 5)

Phrases:

  1. Nau mai ki Aotearoa. - Welcome to New Zealand
  2. ____ is my name. - Ko Victoria toku ingoa
  3. What is your name? - He aha to ingoa?
  4. He pai taku ki te takaro i te whutupaoro. - I like to play rugby
  5. Where do you come from? - No hea koe?



For activity 1 of Day 5 from the Summer learning journey, we had to translate 5 provided phrases to english and maori. Google translate was recommended to do this activity and it was very helpful. My answers are above. I found this activity quite easy to do.


2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Victoria!

    My name is Cadence and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey Team!
    Awesome work on your blog post! I love that you have numbered each post. It makes it so easy for your viewers to read. Clever thinking! I love watching rugby! I'm so excited for the All Blacks games next year. Do you know the Maori word for soccer? That is my sport.

    Thanks for the awesome post!

    Cadence :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Victoria
    Well done on finishing this summer learning journey activity. You translated the phrases brilliantly. I like how you remembered to add your name in the second phrase as some people forgot to do that. Keep up the excellent work Victoria.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.