Pages

Sunday 31 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey | Activity 2 (Day 4) | W2

For activity 2 of day 2 of week 2 from the Summer learning journey, I had to click on a link to find a list of VC winners. Then I had to choose 1 from the Second world war and read about him. Then I had to make a blog post and write about him. I needed to include - who he was and what did he do to earn a Victorian Cross metal. Click the link below to go on the site.
VC Winners - List
Image result for Keith Elliott

I chose to talk about Keith Elliot. There is a picture of him inserted above.
He was awarded a VC for all his efforts at Ruweisat Ridge on July the 15th in 1942. Keith was born on the 25th of April 1916 in Manawatu District and passed awayon the 7th of October 1989.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team!

    It's great that you have been able to find out so much information about Keith Elliot. He must have been a very brave man to have fought so valiantly in the war!

    Could you tell us what he did at Ruweisat Ridge to earn this medal? It would be great if we could have some more information about his heroism.
    There are only 1,355 Victoria Cross medals in the whole world so I wonder what he did to earn one!

    I look forward to reading more of your blog.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victoria,

    Good job on completing this activity. Your so close to day 5!. Keep bloging and keep working hard. I like the info you gave me. I actually learnt about anthor person this holiday!. Keep working hard!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Victoria
    Well done on completing this summer learning journey activity. Your information about Keith Elliot is great. Do you know what rank he was when he was at Ruweisat Ridge? Keep up the excellent work Victoria.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.