Pages

Tuesday 26 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey | Activity 2 (Day 1) | W2

For activity 2 of Day 1 of week 2 from the Summer learning journey, we had to write what we think about the fact women weren't allowed to vote in Saudi Arabia until 2015. Then explain why or why not.

My thoughts:
I think it was unfair that women in Saudi Arabia weren't allowed to vote just until recently in 2015. I think this because in my opinion, everyone and anyone should be able to give their individual and independent opinion and vote not depending on gender because both male and female vote the same way so I don't see the point why they weren't allowed to vote. It must of took a lot of convincing and protesting to finally allow them.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team! It's great to see that you've kept working on these activities. Keep it up!

    Great work on this activity. I really liked how you have talked about there being a long process that took place before women were allow to vote. It's very good that all of this took place in the end, as now women can vote in Saudi Arabia.

    How does it make you feel that New Zealand was the first country to let women vote back in 1893? I know it makes me feel proud to be a New Zealander.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Victoria
    Well done on completing this summer learning journey activity. I also think that women should have the same rights as men because we are all humans, no matter what gender we are. Keep up the excellent work Victoria.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.