Pages

Wednesday 29 November 2017

National News | New Zealand Weather


This week for reading we got into our reading groups and looked at 6 topics that are found in News Reports/Papers. They were - National News, International News, Sports, Business, Entertainment, and Weather. Each one of us in the group had to pick a topic to make a DLO about, I got to do national news. I used a google draw because it seemed like the perfect thing to use for this and I found it easy to do. For national news, I wrote about the weather lately in New Zealand because I thought it was a good idea since we have been having more hot and dry weather. I tried to make my title seem a little interesting or to grab your attention so I also added a questions mark. I tried to make my DLO look a little like a news paper, so I turned most things on it grey or black. I also added images to go with it. The event had to have happened from the 20th of November 2017 to the 27th of November 2017. I found that information from a site called - nzherald which is a site that has a lot of interesting news reports and other things like that. I found it fun doing this reading task and enjoyed making my "news paper" /DLO and finding lots of interesting information about my topic.

(Check out the linked site to see what nzherald looks like and to find some other interesting things that has been happening or have happened.)

1 comment:

  1. Kumusta Victoria, I've done the same activity as you too. I really love the background colour that you used. I also like the image of the map you used. The title looks fascinating. The most favourite thing I love about this is the fern and the weather that is near your words. Was it fun making a newspaper?
    Great Work.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.