Pages

Tuesday 7 November 2017

Wheel decided | Number of choices


L.I: To learn about probability using the number of choices.
This week for maths we learnt about questions that have a number of choices. Those choices are - Absolutely certain, Likely, Equally likely, not likely or absolutely no chance. First Mr Wong gave us a few examples so we could understand how we can solve a number of chances questions. Then we were shown how we can use fractions to show the probability of something. If you had only pink counters and say if the questions was - how likely will you pick up a blue counter, the answer would be absolutely no chance because there are no blue counters. If you had 1 pink counter and 1 blue counter and your question was - how likely will you pick up a blue counter, then the answer would be equally likely because for each colour, there is the same amount. The way you solve a question like that in fractions is, you need to find the amount of the object all together or the option you have and that will be the denominator. Then you find how much you are looking for, say if it was with counters, if I had 5 option the denominator would be 5 option and the numerator will be the chances of me getting what I want. If I wanted to get a blue counter and there were only 2 blue counters, then I have 2 chances of getting what I want. If I put it in fractions it would look like this - 2/5. For the task we had to go on a site called wheel decide and do 3 random wheels that have - a 1/5 chance, 1/10 chance, and then the last one is however many. For my 1/5 chances I did drinks, for my 1/10 chance I did what describe you the best and the last thing I did was fruits.You can spin the wheels I made yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.